There are many recipes for cooking minced chicken. One of our family’s favourite dishes is minced chicken cooked with potatoes in thick gravy.
This is a simple dish that is easy to prepare and cook. There are only a few ingredients you need for this dish. It goes well with rice or pasta.
What You Need
These are the ingredients you need to cook these minced chicken potatoes. You probably already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen.
- 300g minced chicken
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 2 slices ginger
- 2 medium potatoes
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ tbsp light soya sauce
- 3 tbsp dark soya sauce
- ⅛ tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp cornflour / cornstarch
- ½ tbsp oil
*As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Cook Minced Chicken Potatoes
Let’s start by preparing the ingredients,
- Mixed ½ tbsp light soya sauce, ⅛ tsp white pepper, ½ tbsp sesame oil to the minced chicken in a bowl.
- Mixed well and then add 1 tsp cornflour, mixed again.
- Remove onion and garlic skin, cut them into small pieces.
- Peel off potatoes skin, cut into small cubes.
- Add 2-3 tbsp water to 1 tbsp cornflour. Put aside for use later.
We have prepared all the ingredients and let’s start cooking.
You can either use a pot or a wok for cooking.
- Add ½ tbsp oil into pot
- Add onion, garlic and ginger, fry for 1 minute under medium heat
- Add meat and keep stirring until meat turn brownish and no longer pink in color, for about 4 minutes
- Add potatoes, fry for 1 minute
- Add 3 tbsp dark soya sauce, fry for 5 minutes
- Add water to cover the meat and potatoes, turn to high heat
- When boil, turn heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add in cornflour mixture and keep stirring until gravy thicken
- Ready to serve
Minced Chicken Potatoes
Easy to make minced chicken potatoes recipe
- 300 g Minced Chicken
- 2 medium Potatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 slices Ginger
- ½ tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1½ tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- ⅛ tsp Ground White Pepper
- 4 tsp Cornflour
- ½ tbsp Oil
- Mix ½ tbsp light soy sauce, ⅛ tsp white pepper, ½ tbsp sesame oil to the mixed chicken in a mixing bowl
- Add 1 tsp cornflour and mix again
- Peel onion and garlic, cut into small pieces
- Peel potatoes, cut into small cubes
- Mix 2-3 tbsp water to 1 tbsp cornflour, put aside
Use a pot or wok for cooking
- Add ½ tbsp oil in a pot, add onion, garlic and ginger, fry for 1 minute under medium heat
- Add chicken, keep stirring until meat is no longer pink in colour, about 4 minutes
- Add in cubed potatoes, fry for about 1 minute
- Add 3 tbsp dark soy sauce, fry for another 5 minutes
- Add water to cover the meat and potatoes, turn to high heat. When boil, turn heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add in the cornflour mixture and keep stirring until gravy thickens