Pineapple Chicken Casserole is one of our family’s favourite dishes. We like it because it has a little sweet and sour taste with thick gravy. Also, pineapple and tomato go very well with chicken in this dish. This is a simple dish, yet is easy to cook and tastes delicious.
We use canned pineapple juice to marinate the chicken. Pineapple juice is used to marinate chicken in a variety of dishes, as the acidic content of pineapple juice helps in making the chicken meat more tender.
What You Need to Cook Pineapple Chicken Casserole
- A pot with a lid
- 600g boneless chicken
- 1 can pineapple slices (This recipe uses 100g of pineapple slices)
- 1 can whole tomatoes (This recipe uses 200g whole tomatoes)
- 2 slices of ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Cooking oil
- Soya sauce
- Ground white pepper
- Cooking wine
- Corn starch
How To Cook Pineapple Chicken Casserole
- Clean and cut chicken into pieces
- Mixed pineapple juice, soy sauce, sugar, ground white pepper and cooking wine in a bowl.
- Add in chicken and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Wash, peel and cut the ginger into small strips
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces
- Mixed corn starch with water in a bowl
- Drain the chicken and keep the sauce for use later
- Heat oil in a sauce pan or pot
- Fry garlic and ginger strips in medium heat until fragrant
- Add in chicken and fry for 5 minutes until slight golden brown (1000W)
- Pour in the marianate sauce from earlier with pineapple pieces and whole tomatoes, and bring to boil
- Cover pot and simmer on low heat, so that the chicken do not get tough.
- Stir occasionally until chicken is cooked and no longer pink in color, for about 15 minutes.
- Turn to higher heat and bring to boil, then add in cornstarch mixture. Stir until sauce is thicken.
- 600g boneless chicken
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 100g pineapple pieces
- 200g canned whole tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 10g ginger
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoon water
- Washed and cut chicken into pieces
- Season chicken with pineapple juice, whole tomatoes, soya sauce,sugar, ground white pepper and cooking wine.
- Washed and removed garlic skin
- Cut ginger into small strips
- Cut pineapple into small pieces
- Mixed the corn starch and water
- Drain the chicken and keep the sauce to use later
- Heat oil in a saucepan
- Fry garlic and ginger strips in medium heat until fragance
- Add in chicken
- Fry for 5 minutes until slight brown (1000W)
- Add in the sauce from the seasoned chicken
- When boil, simmer with low heat. Low heat will make the chicken tender.
- Cook for 15 minutes
- Stir in the mixture of corn starch and water to thicken the gravy
Remember to simmer the chicken at low heat to have tender chicken meat.